11 Signs You Are An Old School Twitter User
Although I wasn’t at the infamous SXSW that saw the start of the whole mob, nor did I see Jack’s first tweet, I’ve been around long enough to feel like the old man in the Twitter neighborhood. I know many of you feel the same way. So here, submitted for your approval, is my list of how you know you’ve been around the digital neighborhood for a while.
You know you’re an old-school Twitter user if…
- You still type “summize.com” in your browser to get to the Twitter Search page
- You’ve felt ecstatic about Twitter being down less than half the day
- You had to explain what a “tweet” was…at least 3 times a day
- You remember when Kevin Rose had the most followers on Twitter, and you couldn’t believe that anybody could have over 30,000!
- You know that the first big follower race was not between Ashton Kutcher and CNN, but Kevin Rose and Barack Obama!
- You used to use the “TRACK” feature with Twitter via SMS to find out who mentioned you
- You remember the nightly news when they used an anchor’s title, not their Twitter name
- You referred to somebody in terms of Milliscobles
- You happen to know that the original Twitter bird was stock art (seen below), and Twitter paid less than the price of a pizza to acquire it
- When you heard the news that Oprah was going to talk about Twitter,you just knew that the service had jumped the shark
- You remember the day you heard the Twitter whale art was named “Failwhale“
I could go on and on…but those are the first 10 that come to mind. What would you add? Leave a comment, or ping me on Twitter with your sweetest old school Twitter memory.0